Uniform And Appearance
Please see attached document for details regarding our School Uniform Policy.
We believe that school uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of Summerhill Primary Academy and in setting an appropriate tone. It is our expectation that all pupils should wear school uniform and adhere to school rules regarding appearance when attending school, or when participating in a ‘school-organised event’ outside normal school hours.
We provide a complete list of the items needed for school uniform and acceptable appearance in our Parents leaflet.
Our uniform and appearance expectations document;
- Is fair and affordable to all parents/carers.
- has taken regard to the Human Rights act 1998 and anti-discrimination legislation.
- does not act as a barrier to parents when choosing a school.
Aims and Objectives
Our document is based on the notion that a school uniform can:
- instill pride and encourage identity with, and support for, school ethos
- promote a strong, cohesive school identity that supports high standards and equality among pupils
- support effective learning and teaching
- promote the health, safety and well-being of pupils
- support positive behaviour, attitudes and discipline
- ensure inclusion of all pupils regardless of gender, race or religion
- protect pupils from social pressure and harassment
- discourage dress and appearance that encourages anti-social or ‘gang’ behaviour
- nurture cohesion and promote good relations and harmony between different groups of pupils
- provide an affordable, practical dress code for all families.